Value Investor Insight October 2023 Issue
Jason Wolf, CFA, Ryan Dobratz, CFA, and Quentin Velleley, CFA, were featured in a Value Investor Insight interview with John Heins. The Real Estate Team discusses how they approach investing in real estate, how they are managing through the “potentially scary pressure points” within the sector today, and where they are seeing pockets of opportunity.
Key takeaways include:
- Third Avenue is an early pioneer in dedicated real estate investing
- The importance of a balance-sheet-first approach when investing in real estate
- Opportunities in International industrial real estate: Vesta
- Investing throughout the residential value chain: Lennar B shares and DR Horton
- Self-storage remains an immature asset class outside the U.S., with a long runway for growth: Big Yellow
- Overlooked opportunities in U.S.-based real estate-related businesses: U-Haul Holdings
Mutual fund investing involves risk, including loss of principal. For a copy of the prospectus click here, read it carefully before investing.
Top 10 holdings and standardized performance click here.
Distributor of Third Avenue Funds: Foreside Fund Services, LLC.